Posted on July 19, 2023

Concern has been expressed over the state of Nigeria’s Pharmaceutical industry; 80 percent of inputs used in manufacturing are still being imported.

Only about 30 percent of pharmaceutical brands are manufactured locally, leaving about 70 percent to imports, hence the need for support to change the narrative as “we cannot constantly be dependent on others”.

Pharmacists think that the COVID-19 further revealed the sector’s vulnerability and its high import dependency with evident shortage of supply.

Spain italy South Africa Netherlands logisitics container Pakistan Freight Shipping Japan Sweden freight USA Turkey France cargo air freight Sweden exporters Australia U.S.A containers Gothenburg rail freight freight forwarding Ireland EU exports freight export China Norway India Denmark imports Covid-19 Brexit Vietnam wine Seafreight Canada Swedish Poland waste logistics freight forwarders shipping Switzerland Finland Germany Hong Kong exports China