A UK consultancy has prepared a checklist for businesses which summarises some of the information from the Government:
– Goods will be subject to customs procedures
– Exports will be subject to duty and taxes at destination
– Import/export documentation will be required
– Import VAT will be payable
– Import tariffs may apply if there is no trade deal
Advice on all these matters is available from R W Freight, which was a freight company before the UK joined the EU, when all the above measures were in place for trade with European countries.